Experienced Software Professional offering over 25 years of software system engineering experience, with a track record of successes in team development, leadership, project management as well as development and implementation of large, complex web-based IT projects.
- Technical leadership and innovation
- SDLC & Software Change Control
- Relational Database Management
- Software as a service (SaaS)
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Organization & Problem Solving
- Software development (SCRUM)
- FDA Regulations, 21 CFR Part 11
- Written and verbal communication
- ClearCase, GITl
- Test Director, Selenium
- Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Jenkins, Hudson
- Apache/Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic
- VersionOne, JIRA, Rally
- Crystal Reports, Business Objects
- Directed the design, development and maintenance of a web-based SaaS human collaboration system in a SCRUM development environment. Increased team velocity by 20%.
- Lead the redevelopment effort of the Quality Management software suite on the Windchill PLM platform. Successfully released three quality modules, CAPA (Corrective Action Preventive Action), Nonconformance and Customer Experience Management on time with very limited resources, working with multiple teams across international time zones.
- Successfully directed the development of a web-based system using J2EE technology. System consisted of a highly scalable framework along with clinical and regulatory quality web-based applications. Application modules included Complaints, CAPA, Nonconformance, and Clinical Data Management.
- Spearheaded and adopted an agile development methodology (SCRUM), resulting in improved efficiency, increased project visibility and productivity.
- Designed and developed a customized time tracking system which gave management valuable information to allow for better and more accurate project planning. This provided quantifiable examples of past performance to aid in predictive analysis.
- Directed a software QA team to test and validate software for both internal software projects and client implementations; testing including Installation Qualification(IQ), Operation Qualification(OQ) and Performance Qualification(PQ) testing.
- Managed multiple client installations and coordinated all business process activities helping customers achieve successful software implementations.
- Solid background in motivating and leading technical and operations teams, training and coaching for optimum results, prioritizing and scheduling, coordinating with customers, identifying and achieving project goals, and reporting to executive management. Well-developed communication skills and expertise in business communications, demonstrated through interaction with individuals of all backgrounds, concisely written business documents, training, and presentation skills.
- Consistently recognized by senior management, staff, clients, colleagues, and customers for leadership and overall accountability, assuming responsibility for and completing projects on time with innovative problem solving, personal initiative, and focused, detail-oriented management and work styles.
- Experience with full lifecycle software quality analysis including functional requirements, system requirements and validation. Extensive experience in Agile software development.
Kalypso LP, Castle Rock, CO (Home Office)
Sep 2017 - Present
Consultant responsible for helping clients in the life sciences and medical devices with Implementation and configuration of enterprise quality management systems and IoT solutions. Implemented CAPA, Nonconformance, Complaints, Audit and Field Action quality management solution. Working with clients on connected IoT medical device solution architecture.
USDM Life Sciences, Castle Rock, CO (Home Office)
Jan 2017 - Sep 2017
Director of Medical Device Solutions
Practice leader responsible for build out of the medical device solutions, software delivery model and partnerships with software vendors. Support sales enablement, account management and marketing. Delivery of white papers, webinars and material to support the build out of the solution offering.
PTC, Castle Rock, CO (Home Office)
Mar 2016 - Jan 2017
Senior PLM Consultant - Application Architect
Successfully led the deployment and implementation of the Customer Experience Management solution for a large medical device company in Boston. Led the consulting team in planning, analysis, development, testing and implementation of applications to ensure they meet client expectations.
Pearson, Centennial, CO
Mar 2015 - Feb 2016
Manager, Application Development
Responsible for managing a distributed team of software developers, QA, and technical analysts for product enhancements and specific customer projects.
NexGen Technologies, Westminster, CO
Dec 2013 - Mar 2015
Responsible for 10+ projects supporting the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Network Operations Center (NOC). Manage 20 employees, developers, business analysts and consultants. Utilize agile and traditional software development practices, keep projects on track and on budget. Created a Project Management Database System to help NexGen executives track project estimation and actual data to ensure project profitability.
ThinkTank by GroupSystems, Denver, CO
Jan 2013 - Oct 2013
Responsible for build out and expansion of the development team. Doubled the team with the addition of a configuration manager, a software-engineer-in-test and multiple developers including local and satellite developers in Lviv Ukraine. Lead the project to re-design the back-end server of a SaaS collaboration software system using Jetty and PostgreSQL with both a local team and a consulting team of approximately 15 development and 4 QA resources in Pune, India.
Parametric Technology Corporation (PTC), Centennial, CO
May 1998 - Jan 2013
Director, Software Development
Coordinated and directed all software development activities for the Windchill Quality Management System. Worked with executive management, product management, software quality and customers to build a world-class quality management system to help manufacturers monitor and improve product quality. Directly managed all technical personnel, motivated project teams and conducted performance reviews. Using an agile (SCRUM) development methodology, supervised both local development team as well as a team based in Pune India.
The Performance Group, Denver, CO
Sep 1997 - May 1998
Design, develop and support regulatory compliance systems, including adverse event tracking, clinical and return device analysis.
Computer Horizons, Denver, CO
Dec 1996 - Sep 1997
Contract with MCI Telecommunications Inc. Developed software to support a sub-ledger accounting system. Wrote C/C++ programs and Sybase stored procedures to interface data from a mainframe to a midrange Sybase database.
Telectronic Pacing Systems, Englewood, CO
Nov 1995 - Dec 1996
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Project technical lead responsible for development of an incident management and patient registration system. Developed class libraries for MDI window applications to support user security and access permissions.
Information Handling Services, Englewood, CO
Sep 1994 - Nov 1995
Responsible for developing and maintaining a GUI client/server application for a mission critical re-engineering project. Programmed extracts using Embedded SQL with C.
LBA Health Care Management, Englewood, CO
Jun 1989 - Sep 1994
Project leader responsible for design and implementation of a system that tracked hospital mortality information on more than 40 million Medicare patients. Wrote marketing, graphical and reporting application that increased productivity by 75%. Designed a PC Software package for the National Heart Attack Risk Study (NHARS)